Thursday 20 February 2014

Insecurities. Who is the prettiest?

We are all aware of some parts of our body we don't like. 

But I seem to be overly-concerned about myself. It worries me that I find my mood go down because I am unhappy with something about myself, and then I ask myself why am I so down? It dawns on me. Why must society idolise one stereotype of women to be beautiful? Aren't we all beautiful in our own way?

I used to be extremely depressed about myself, but over these few months I really  started to appreciate myself, and I must say one word. Twitter. 
I have come across a lot of tweets that made me contemplate, and finally conclude that I am beautiful. Lol I sound like Christina Aguilera!  I am beautiful in every single way! 

No seriously, what made me happy, and brought me inner peace is this quote: 

"We will spend more time under ground than over ground" 

Just ponder and re-read! How true it is. 
God made every single one of us, we all look different! But why should one type of people be beautiful? He made us all perfect, by questioning some people's beauty you are questioning God's creation of the perfect mankind! 


Why care that much about our looks that- as Hamlet philosophises in Shakespeare's best... Will eventually decay and rot, be eaten by worms and then those very worms will be used to reel fish, and those fish are indulged by us. We came from earth and really, we will return to it.
I dont want to be depressed over my insecurities, but the thought of that calms my worries!

0 comments:

Post a Comment