Tuesday 6 May 2014

Today, was very positive

What a plenty in surprises kind of day it is!

My friend got into her chosen university CONGRATS and I am so happy for her honestly! ♥ -you know who you are! Well done!
And my big sister started her first job from graduating, and it's gone well so far, they seem to like her, and she may have saved a life already? She reminds me so much of Meredith Grey from Greys Anatomy


On top of that, do you remember on my previous post a while back about my Teacher that hated me, and I swear was so ruthless to me, welll..... here's the deal-e-o!


We had an entire month to write up our first coursework draft, and then she would mark it, but during this month I was going through a hard time, on-top of that university interviews (Twas tough man)! But I had to do, what I needed to do, and managed to get a D- grade? UHG I WAS SO FRUSTRATED because I wanted an A or A*!!! So I cried, it dawned on me the importance of my coursework grade that is 40% of my total English Literature grade... so she gave it back to us all to improve, and we had just a weekend to fix, and I slaved, and stayed awake each night completing and rewritting and completely changing my work around, and then comes friday due date, and I was frankly NOT satisfied with what could be a C grade, when I aim for A*!
So what to do? Well I just didnt hand it to her, I was a walking zombie, had no sleep, and worked on my essay non stop, trying to improve it, hoping she will accept it late, but she wouldnt have it! and thus she and all the head teachers were in a thread email, where she bullied me into giving it to her, and it was terr-ible- I couldnt afford a bad grade, my university will be at stake, I need a good grade! I WILL NOT ACCEPT MEDIOCRE. Ahaha, at least I will try to get the best!
So she kept sending me emails, threading in the head teachers, and it was during Easter holiday everyday I worked on my piece, and with some research on the specification online discovered so many things my teacher hadn't told us, for instance the footnote system, the way to bring in quotes and analytical interpretations, and I was shocked, so I completely re-did my work, and to my best ability, completed it, and after half-term returned to her, and begged her to accept my work, and explained my situation. She accepted it, and marked it. I bet she expected it to be a fail. UH no.



I got an A for my work, and I am grateful. From an D- to an A. Thank God. My reaction, was-----...


1 comment:

  1. Hey, really glads me to read this - why? Because you fought for what you wanted! You go girl!

    Nowadays, passion motivating people to take action is a rare thing. That's why I salute you and you my dear truly inspire. =)

    ReplyDelete