Thursday 12 June 2014

I guess I am growing up

"You only understand life backwards" ... "Our current judgement is flawed" - Some true and inspirational words by an amazing teacher today ♥ Will truly miss our lessons.

I wrote this as a note on my phone in class today- on realising that this is my last couple of lessons in high school ever. Okay I know I sound super philosophical but it adds to the spirit! ...
We are at that age where 'change' is exciting, where we can't wait to walk into the future because opportunity is endless, life seems so easy and blissful. 
Where we are now isn't as exciting as what's ahead, we are eager to take a step forward and to leave what's behind us...
But the truth is, one day we will look back, and miss these moments, reminisce, not the whole picture but the snippet little things, like that 'back to school' feeling, all those moments. 
The immense irresponsibility we had, the lack of concern because everything seemed so good right now. To live in the moment and feel no fatigue. To not worry and be happy...
Don't get me wrong, I am not saying the future holds problems, nor am I saying the future will be worse than it is now, I am merely saying that you will look back at the innocence in admiration one day, and I feel I am making my platform step there right now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment