Monday 11 August 2014

Locked in Regents Park

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
My cousin and I just came back from baker street, and that was all I could say *Wow*
We got on the train and I said to my cousin let me know any station that you want to get off at, which ever station sounded interesting would be the station we would get off at. So we were hardly on the train for long and my cousin said she wanted to get off at Baker Street, so we jumped off and scurried through the streets of London, more so exciting because now I get to be a tourist meaning I can snap as much photos as I like.
So we were feeling peckish and headed into Subways to buy a sandwhich, and so the man that was serving me was average looking but he was short. So I obviously didn't look twice at him but he must have been looking at me because eww I could see him staring at me, and so I ordered our meal and out of curiosity I asked him "Is it halal?" and he replied "What? Me or the Meat?" eww.com ! I just frowned feeling yucky.com but my cousin who was sitting down was laughing her head off. We finished our food and headed back out and wondered around for ages taking pictures and pictures and roaming around like headless chickens until Maghrib prayer came on. Luckily Regents Park Mosque was near us so we hurried along to the mosque just in time, and by the door these two pretty sisters approached us and handed us a bag full of Asian sweets (yum) and kindly asked us to place it in the mosque as a form of charity I dont really know (I'm not a regular). So we went inside this wonderfully constructed holy Mosque and prayed the prayer, took some pictures of the beautiful Chandelier=

--- Here's a clear picture from google

-----------
Anyways, After we prayed it got dark very quickly and we didn't want to go home already, so we decided to take a stroll through the Park (Regents Park) it was lovely, the lake is calming, the swans are elegant, and the noise of life just stops when you take a breather by the bench, I tried to take photos but it was too dark, here are some photos I found online=

---------------
So we sat down and started to talk, one conversation led to another, and less people were surrounding us, another conversation to another, now all the people had gone, and after a while of dark park convo we heard some screaming but ignored it because it was far away, and then we chilled for a while and before you knew it the Isha Adhan from the mosque went off and we decided to leave.

Now here is the trouble. We couldn't leave, because they locked us in. The gates were sealed and locked. And that was the shouting we heard earlier. Eeek! We had to jump over the fence?
I wear a jilbab and she was wearing a maxi dress, this was double trouble!

Do you see those gates along the rail, well basically it was dark, and we had to jump over one at a time, and the people were looking at us as if we were bad, haha it was crazyyy! Her dress ripped on both sides and luckily my jilbab was alive and fine!

That sums up our mad night.



-------------------------Ta xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment